System vs. stars
Oregon and USC show different approaches to recruiting
If the accumulation of high-caliber talent is supposed to translate into on-field success, it hasn't exactly played out that way. Recruiting projections of years past certainly didn't provide clues or hint at what would unfold in the conference this season.
While USC is widely considered a nationally recognized college football brand -- a factor that undoubtedly contributes to unparalleled recruiting success in and out of California -- it is Oregon that has basked in the spotlight since the start of Chip Kelly's tenure in Eugene.
The read about the differing recruiting styles of the USC Trojans and Oregon Ducks, you must be an Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FEEDING FRENZY: STATES OF RECRUITING
FEEDING FRENZY FEATURES
- Nike Men's Oregon Ducks Infused Roses Semifinal Bound Black T-shirt