Players to watch at Oakland Elite 11
Originally Published: May 18, 2012By Mitch Sherman | RecruitingNation
- A look at some players to watch at Friday's Oakland Elite 11 regional camp. QB Cooper Bateman (Salt Lake City/Cottonwood)
Bateman earned his invite to the Elite 11 finals, set for late July in Redondo Beach, Calif., with a solid showing at the Dallas regional event. He committed to Alabama on Wednesday over offers from Auburn, Florida, LSU, Arkansas and others. The nation's No. 6-rated pocket passer and the top player in Utah, Bateman -- 6-foot-3 and 175 pounds -- throws an excellent deep ball, shows good accuracy, poise and intelligence.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com