USC Trojans start fast
USC signs four quickly, including two who are expected to make an instant impact
Originally Published: December 23, 2011By Greg Biggins | Recruiting Nation
- USC was the big winner of the early college signing period that started on Wednesday. The Trojans signed four players, including two players who could see heavy action immediately next fall. Defensive end Morgan Breslin (Diablo Valley JC, Calif.) committed to UCLA over the summer, but took an official visit to USC last weekend and jumped at the Trojans' offer. Breslin racked up 28 sacks over the last two seasons and will be expected to step in and provide depth at weakside defensive end after junior Nick Perry declared for the NFL draft.
"USC was always my dream school," Breslin said. "I never thought I would have an opportunity to go there and when they offered a scholarship so late in the process, I was pretty floored. I was ready to commit on the spot and basically did. This is an incredible opportunity for me and I can't wait to get to USC and get going there."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com