A new beginning
Playoffs ended senior careers, but Florida is loaded with talented underclassmen
Originally Published: December 23, 2011By Corey Long | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- The conclusion of the high school football season in Florida saw outgoing seniors such as Seffner Armwood running back Matt Jones and Miami Norland teammates Randy "Duke" Johnson and Keith Brown finish their prep careers with state championships. But last week there also were several underclassmen who established themselves as the top prospects in the years to come.
Miami's super sophomoresIt was a tough day Saturday for Miami Central as a disastrous first quarter put the Rockets in a 16-0 hole they never could escape. But despite the 40-31 loss to Armwood, there is much hope for the future behind the legs of sophomore running backs Joseph Yearby and Dalvin Cook.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com