LSU, Alabama battling for recruits
The nation's top two teams will fight for national title as well as top prospects
Originally Published: December 22, 2011By Jamie Newberg | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- The top nation's top two teams will not only battle in the BCS national championship game, but LSU and Alabama are battling for some of the nation's top prospects as they try to close out their 2012 recruiting classes. One prospect who will likely end up in either Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa is five-star safety Landon Collins (Geismar, La./Dutchtown). The nation's No. 7 overall player intends to make his decision at the Under Armour All-America Game on Jan. 5 (ESPN, 7:30 p.m. ET). He's down to Alabama, LSU, Texas and Tennessee, but sounds like he's focusing on the Tigers or Crimson Tide. "It is a very difficult decision. How do you decide between these schools?" Collins said. "I have to figure out what school I feel more at home. I am wanted by both and feel good at both. Both Alabama and LSU have everything I ever wanted in a school and football program. I still don't know."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com