Looking back at Heisman hopefuls
Originally Published: December 9, 2011By Dave Hooker | Recruiting Nation
- Here is a look at where all five Heisman Trophy hopefuls in New York this weekend came from:
Wisconsin RB Montee BallHS position rank: 74 | Grade: 77 | HS Evaluation
Wisconsin nabbed the best deal of its 2009 class when it secured Ball from Wentzville (Mo.) Timberland. Ball was considered a marginal tailback prospect, but the Badgers were one of the schools that believed in him. Ball also had scholarship offers from Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Northwestern and Stanford. Ball showed strong interest in Missouri but seemed to be a Badger all along his recruitment. He committed to Wisconsin early, in June 2008, and took only one official visit, to Madison just before he signed his national letter of intent.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com