Mike Leach already making an impact
New Washington State coach has recruits excited, but still has plenty of work to do
Originally Published: December 2, 2011By Greg Biggins | Recruiting Nation
- The Pac-12 just got a whole lot better and definitely a lot more entertaining. When Washington State hired former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach earlier this week, it not only hired one of the biggest personalities in college football, but the perfect coach to reenergize a program that has been the league doormat for the past few years. It's wasn't that long ago that Washington State was one of the most dominant programs out West. With Mike Price at the helm, the Cougars had three straight 10-win seasons (2001-2003) and went to two Rose Bowls over a six-year period. It has been rough for the Cougs as of late, but Leach has already made a positive impact on the recruiting trail.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com