2015 Premium Prospect Board
Luginbill Premium Prospect Board - Sept. 1
The Premium Prospect Board is a look at the members of the Class of 2015 who offer the most immediate impact and early value potential to the college football teams they are committed to or are considering.
The PPB will evolve throughout the recruiting process, based on criteria important to college football coaches. Rankings will be evaluated on a monthly basis and change based on the prospect's play as well as the rosters of the schools he has committed to or is considering.
Criteria for prospects are based on:
- Overall value at that specific position
- Best available at that position
- Specific value at that position for committed team or final-interest schools
- Readiness in terms of physical attributes and mental makeup
- Readiness in terms of refined skill set and technique
- College-impact-ready talent
- Under-the-radar talent who could have an immediate impact
Analysis: Cowart turned the spring and summer combine/camp period into his own personal highlight reel, which helped him climb to the top of the PPB board in our last update. Everything he does only continues to back up his on-field play, which only looks more impressive as the season begins. Right now, he could challenge for an every-down role as a college freshman, not just as a designated pass-rusher. If he is used as a package player, he could be deployed much in the same way Carl Lawson was for Auburn in 2013.
To see the rest of Tom Luginbill's Premium Prospect Board, you must be an ESPN Insider.