2015 Premium Prospect Board
Byron Cowart takes over top spot in updated rankings
The Premium Prospect Board is a look at the members of the Class of 2015 who offer the most immediate impact and early value potential to the college football teams they are committed to or are considering.
The PPB will evolve throughout the recruiting process, based on criteria important to college football coaches. Rankings will change based on the prospect's play as well as the rosters of the school he has committed to or is considering.
Criteria for prospects are based on:
- Overall value at that position
- Best available at specific position
- Specific value at that position for committed team or final interest schools
- Readiness in terms of physical attributes and mental makeup
- Readiness in terms of refined skill set and technique
- College-impact-ready talent
- Under-the-radar talent who could have an immediate impact
Analysis: Cowart has made a habit of turning the spring combine period into his own personal highlight reel, which helps him climb to the top of the PPB board. Everything he does only continues to back up his on-field play. He is the type of player who could find himself at the top of the ESPN 300 by the end of the summer and as a designated pass-rusher could find himself on the field early and often as a true freshman, much in the same way Carl Lawson did for Auburn this past fall.
To see the rest of Tom Luginbill's Premium Prospect Board, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ohio State QB Miller out for season
- Under Armour unveils new Notre Dame unis
- Oklahoma suspends RB Mixon for season
- Golson: Irish supporting suspended players