2015 Premium Prospect Board
Trenton Thompson takes over top spot in updated rankings
Four Recruits Join Premium Prospect Board
The Premium Prospect Board is a look at the members of the Class of 2015 who offer the most immediate impact and early value potential to the college football teams they are committed to or are considering.
The PPB will evolve throughout the recruiting process, based on criteria important to college football coaches. Rankings will change based on the prospect's play as well as the rosters of the school he has committed to or is considering.
Criteria for prospects are based on:
- Overall value at that position
- Best available at specific position
- Specific value at that position for committed team or final interest schools
- Readiness in terms of physical attributes and mental makeup
- Readiness in terms of refined skill set and technique
- College-impact-ready talent
- Under-the-radar talent who could have an immediate impact
Analysis: If the past eight BCS national title winners have one thing in common, it's dominance at defensive tackle, which gives Thompson significant value. In the mold of an Anthony Johnson, Thompson is highly coveted because he can anchor at the point of attack but also split gaps and collapse the pocket on passing downs.
To see the rest of Tom Luginbill's Premium Prospect Board, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Chippewas' rally, lateral heroics not enough
- Harbaugh's brother: Family staying out of it
- FSU's Cook named 'associate' in police report
- Jackson helms Rice to win in Hawaii Bowl