UNLV makes a splash with Bennett
Originally Published: May 17, 2012By Adam Finkelstein | ESPN RecruitingNation
- Here's a breakdown of the top recruiting classes from teams in non-BCS conferences. Anthony Bennett (Brampton, Ontario/Findlay Prep), No. 7 overall. The power forward joins a class that was already loaded with talent, including ESPN 100 prospect Katin Reinhardt (San Juan Capistrano, Calif./Mater Dei) and local product Demetris Morant (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) and DaQuan Cook (Baltimore/St. Frances Academy). Pittsburgh transfer Khem Birch didn't figure into class rankings but will become a member of the 2012 class when he becomes eligible at mid-year. In total, the group has star power, depth and balance throughout the frontcourt and backcourt. Danuel House (Sugar Land, Texas/Hightower) and Danrad "Chicken" Knowles (Houston/HCYA). Both are capable of being stars sooner rather than later, while Valentine Izundu (Katy, Texas/Lamar Consolidated) should be capable of making an immediate impact of his own. The talented trio won't have to do all the heavy lifting though, since Brandon Morris (Alexandria, La./Kansas City, Kan., CC) and Tione Womack (Randallstown, Md./Hagerstown CC) will provide two junior college guards who will both be able to steady the ship from the point, while also teaming up to give head coach James Dickey a two-guard front.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com