NC State tops UNC for lead in ACC
Originally Published: November 17, 2011By Paul Biancardi | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- Here's a team-by-team breakdown of the ACC's 2012 recruiting classes after the early signing period. Rodney Purvis (Raleigh, N.C./Upper Roon Christian), SF T.J. Warren (Durham, N.C./Brewster Academy) and PG Tyler Lewis (Statesville, N.C./Oak Hill). Purvis is the star of the class with sprinter's speed and the ability to get wherever he wants with his dribble. Plus, he is almost unstoppable in the open floor. Lewis is the facilitator of the bunch and a creative passer who delivers the ball on time and on target, while Warren has the stroke to stretch a defense and can score in his sleep. Marcus Paige (Marion, Iowa/Linn-Marr). He is the top point guard in the 2012 class thanks to his ability to run a team and execute plays in the half-court set. PF Brice Johnson (Cordova, S.C./Edisto) gives them a rim protector, and C Joel James (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Dwyer) is a huge, hard-working post who will produce because of his frame and work ethic. J.P. Tokoto (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Menomonee Falls) is a long, slender and athletic finisher who will fit well in Carolina's transition game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 EARLY SIGNING PERIOD
Many decisions were made during the early signing period but Arizona looks to be the big winner.
- Surprises from early signing period
- Best available in the ESPNU 100
- Muhammad, No. 1 overall, waiting to sign
- Arizona's Miller rebuilding a giant
- Class rankings: Arizona on top
- First-year coaches winning on the trail
- Paul Biancardi chat wrap
- Dave Telep chat wrapConference grades
- ACC: NC State tops UNC
- Big 12: Texas programs lead the way
- Big East: Providence surprises everyone
- Big Ten: Michigan schools on top
- Pac-12: Arizona has the No. 1 class
- SEC: Kentucky on top yet again
- Best of rest: Houston makes a spashCommitments
- Gary Harris to Michigan St. | Izzo's type
- Alex Poythress to Kentucky | Good fit
- Robert Carter to Ga. Tech | Big get
- Robert Upshaw to K-State | Big GetESPNHS
- Eliminating emotions after visits
- Five reasons to sign early
- Grant Jerrett becoming the total package
- Kyle Anderson was born to play basketball
- Matt Costello taking it one step at a time
- Braxton Ogbueze remaining focused
- Arizona State looking to local trio
- How Crean is rebuilding IndianaRoundtable
- Program you're most impressed with?
- Slow starters expected to finish strong?
- Player outside ESPNU 100 to watch?
- Needed a good class and got one?
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com