How Louisville built its roster
The recruiting story behind the Cardinals' journey to the Final Four
- Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesRick Pitino has led Louisville to back-to-back Final Four appearances by recruiting to his style of play and making excellent evaluations on prospects.
Louisville has punched its ticket to the Final Four, but the Cardinals' journey to Atlanta began well before Selection Sunday or even the start of this season. Success in college basketball starts with recruiting, so the story of Louisville's back-to-back Final Four appearances was really years in the making.
To examine how the Cardinals built a team good enough to make consecutive Final Fours, let's break down how this roster came together via recruiting, including philosophy, key recruiting class, the most underrated recruit and why it all worked.
Here's the story behind the story of Louisville's journey to the Final Four.
How did Louisville build a Final Four roster through recruiting? Become an ESPN Insider and find out.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard rolls, gets first NCAA tourney berth
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
RECRUIT & RETURN
As teams are eliminated from the NCAA tournament, RecruitingNation is looking at who they lose, who they add and what it means for next season. Recruit and return »
FINAL FOUR TEAMS
MORE 2013-14 TEAM OUTLOOKS
MORE HOOPS RECRUITING
MORE NBA DRAFT