How Syracuse built its roster
The recruiting story behind the Orange's journey to the Final Four
- Geoff Burke/USA TODAY SportsJim Boeheim and Syracuse were able to win the East Region thanks to the depth and balance provided by sustained recruiting success.
Syracuse has punched its ticket to the Final Four, but the Orange's journey to Atlanta began well before Selection Sunday or even the start of this season. Success in college basketball starts with recruiting, so this story was really years in the making.
To examine how the Orange built a team good enough to make the Final Four, let's break down how this roster came together via recruiting, including philosophy, key recruiting class, the most underrated recruit and why it all worked.
Here's the story behind the story of Syracuse's journey to the Final Four.
How did Syracuse build a Final Four roster through recruiting? Become an ESPN Insider and find out.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
RECRUIT & RETURN
As teams are eliminated from the NCAA tournament, RecruitingNation is looking at who they lose, who they add and what it means for next season. Recruit and return »
FINAL FOUR TEAMS
MORE 2013-14 TEAM OUTLOOKS
MORE HOOPS RECRUITING
MORE NBA DRAFT