Starting 5: Ducks visit Gordon
Hoops recruiting notes on Oregon, Notre Dame, Arizona and more
Editor's note: Every Monday in "Starting 5," we'll roll out five stories, themes and nuggets from the basketball recruiting world to tip off your week in proper form. We'll set the table with the stories that need to be told and give you a leg up on the water cooler conversations around the office.
This week's edition of Starting 5 includes a look at whether Oregon is back in the mix for elite power forward Aaron Gordon, the recruiting visitors on hand for Notre Dame's epic five-overtime win, Arizona-bound Rondae Hollis-Jefferson impressing on national TV, Arizona's parade of junior visitors and an introduction to freshman Raekwon Long.
1. Oregon comes on strong for Gordon[+] EnlargeCourtesy Caroline Williams/USA BasketballOregon could be back in the mix for ESPN 100 PF Aaron Gordon after recently visiting the top-10 prospect.
College coaches don't mind recruiting, but they often do it in their down time. From what we understand, however, Oregon squeezed more into a recent road swing against Stanford and Cal than anyone was expecting.
Want to know the latest basketball recruiting news, including why Oregon could be back in the mix for Aaron Gordon and why Arizona is going hard after elite Class of 2014 prospects? Become an ESPN Insider and find out.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Gators' Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Sources: Appalachian St. fires coach Capel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM