CIF SoCal Regionals recap
Originally Published: March 19, 2012By Joel Francisco | RecruitingNation
- ONTARIO, Calif. -- The Division III clash at the CIF Southern California Regional Championships between Alemany (Mission Hills) and St. John Bosco (Bellflower), with the winner facing San Francisco Sacred Heart Cathedral for state supremacy next weekend, was a tale of two halves. In the first, Alemany built a 37-21 lead by taking advantage of careless ballhandling (11 turnovers) by Bosco as well as some dynamic play by Nevada-bound Marqueze Coleman. In the second half, however, ESPNU 60 recruit Isaac Hamilton (St. John Bosco) demonstrated why he is arguably the most skilled scoring guard out west, regardless of class. Hamilton was simply dazzling as he scored 21 of his 32 points in leading his team to a 57-51 lead with 1:38 to go. But a barrage of late turnovers cost Bosco that elusive trip to Sacramento; Alemany claimed victory in this wild affair 62-61.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com