Hoop Mountain Prep Classic recap
Originally Published: December 6, 2011By Adam Finkelstein | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- THOMPSON, Conn. -- The sixth-annual Hoop Mountain Prep Classic spanned the course of four days of action at Marianapolis Prep School, but the best was certainly saved for last as Sunday's action included several notable matchups beginning with an all-New England clash between Tilton and South Kent.
Standout playersRicardo Ledo (Providence, R.I./South Kent)
2012, SG, 6-6, 185 pounds
The marquee matchup of the event saw Ledo's South Kent squad against Tilton. In a game full of stars, Ledo was the best player on the floor. After a slow start that included just one bucket in the first 15 minutes, Ledo rattled off 19 straight points to close the first half, giving South Kent a double-digit lead that it wouldn't relinquish. When he gets into a rhythm there's absolutely no stopping him and he proved it on Sunday. His once-inconsistent jumper is now a true weapon to match his dribble-drive attack, and when he's a willing distributor he only makes himself that much more effective.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com