Kentucky on top of SEC yet again
Originally Published: November 17, 2011By Mike LaPlante | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- Here's a team-by-team breakdown of the SEC's 2012 recruiting classes after the early signing period. Archie Goodwin (Little Rock, Ark./Sylvan) is a big guard who was made for the dribble-drive offense, while Alex Poythress (Clarksville, Tenn./Northeast) is a physical specimen who should be able to adjust quickly to the college game. Willie Cauley (Spearville, Kan./Olathe Northwest) is athletic as they come for someone 6-foot-10 and could end up as the best prospect in the Wildcats' class. Braxton Ogbueze (Charlotte, N.C./Montrose Christian) is a dynamic point guard who can run a team while also being a scoring threat. Michael Frazier (Tampa, Fla./Montverde Academy) is a shooting guard with a great stroke who will help open up driving lanes, and Dillon Graham (Orlando, Fla./First Academy) is a long-range specialist who will keep defenses honest.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't made up mind about draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 EARLY SIGNING PERIOD
Many decisions were made during the early signing period but Arizona looks to be the big winner.
- Surprises from early signing period
- Best available in the ESPNU 100
- Muhammad, No. 1 overall, waiting to sign
- Arizona's Miller rebuilding a giant
- Class rankings: Arizona on top
- First-year coaches winning on the trail
- Paul Biancardi chat wrap
- Dave Telep chat wrapConference grades
- ACC: NC State tops UNC
- Big 12: Texas programs lead the way
- Big East: Providence surprises everyone
- Big Ten: Michigan schools on top
- Pac-12: Arizona has the No. 1 class
- SEC: Kentucky on top yet again
- Best of rest: Houston makes a spashCommitments
- Gary Harris to Michigan St. | Izzo's type
- Alex Poythress to Kentucky | Good fit
- Robert Carter to Ga. Tech | Big get
- Robert Upshaw to K-State | Big GetESPNHS
- Eliminating emotions after visits
- Five reasons to sign early
- Grant Jerrett becoming the total package
- Kyle Anderson was born to play basketball
- Matt Costello taking it one step at a time
- Braxton Ogbueze remaining focused
- Arizona State looking to local trio
- How Crean is rebuilding IndianaRoundtable
- Program you're most impressed with?
- Slow starters expected to finish strong?
- Player outside ESPNU 100 to watch?
- Needed a good class and got one?
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com