George Mason adds an ESPNU 100 center; VCU restocks at shooting guard
Updated: October 25, 2011, 12:10 PM ETBy Dave Telep | Recruiting Nation
- Here are a few things to pay attention to in the CAA as the NCAA basketball season tips off and signing day is around the corner:
Best incoming freshmanC Erik Copes at George Mason
Traditionally, the newcomer of the year in the CAA has come from a team that is not in the top half of the league. The CAA, like many mid-major conferences, relies on upperclassmen to fuel its best squads. Freshmen, for the top-tier programs in the league, are allowed to develop naturally in relation to the older players. With that said, the best talent to come into the CAA is Copes, who is No. 56 in the 2011 class. He closed his high school career on the upswing and his addition is a feather in the cap for George Mason and the league.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- Warren tops Parker for ACC player of year
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 CONFERENCE BREAKDOWNS
Recruiting Nation will be breaking down every conference throughout the month.
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com