Sharette Dixon Classic recap
Omar Calhoun, Kyle Anderson highlight battle of New York and New Jersey
Originally Published: October 24, 2011By Adam Finkelstein | Recruiting Nation
- NEW YORK -- The third annual Sharette Dixon Memorial Classic turned out to be another worthy tribute to a woman who dedicated her life to education and family. The event was organized by the father of Dixon's three children, New Heights athletic director Kimani Young, and pitted the best of New York against the best of New Jersey in a talent-laden night of basketball in Brooklyn. "Sharette always supported my passion for basketball and working with young people," Young said, "but the most important thing to Sharette was education. We have once again combined those two loves -- basketball and academics -- in one great event."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com