Texas is the favorite to win Big 12
Here are eight reasons the Longhorns will be the league's best team in 2012
There are numerous reasons to not be of a positive mindset when it comes to gauging the state of the Texas Longhorns program.
After all, last year's Longhorns team clinched consecutive losing seasons in conference play for the first time since 1935-38, had a game in which they did not score a touchdown for the first time since 2004 and gave up a combined 141 points to the Oklahoma Sooners, Oklahoma State Cowboys and Baylor Bears.
As painful as those items might be for UT fans to read, there are eight reasons to think that Texas can not only get things going in a positive direction in 2012, but that it can win the Big 12. Here's why the Horns should be considered the favorites to win the league this season.
To read more from KC on why Texas will win the Big 12 this season, sign up for ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Starting QB Golson no longer at Notre Dame
- Hurricanes TE Dye, NCAA to discuss affidavit
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Ex-Penn State QB Bench transferring to USF
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation