LSU can beat Bama with the pass
The Tigers will have opportunities to attack Alabama's D through the air
We all know that Les Miles is the kind of coach who has a seemingly endless supply of trickeration plays, and once went for it on fourth down five times in a single contest.
Alabama's defense is so good that it currently leads the NCAA in scoring defense, passing defense, rushing defense and total defense. It would seem that facing a defense of that caliber would cause Miles to do like he did in the first contest between these two teams and scale back his riverboat gambler mentality.
After reviewing the game tapes and crunching some numbers, however, it becomes clear that there is a risk-taking path Miles can take in this game: throwing vertical passes against the Alabama secondary.
To read more on how LSU has an advantage over Alabama in the passing game, sign up for ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Grey Football Practice Legend T-shirt