Cardinal are ranked too high
Evaluating the most overrated and underrated teams heading into bowl season
With the regular season complete and résumés submitted, we've scoured the penultimate BCS standings for teams that might be getting too much -- or not enough -- credit from the polls and computers. Here's a four-pack of each to consider as we head into the bowl season.
The numbers in parentheses are the BCS rank. Only 40 teams garnered poll votes, so below that the BCS standings are based only on the average of the six computers.
Next week we'll be back with our picks for the first wave of bowl games, and will continue by picking every one of the 35 bowl contests.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- Clemson, Auburn to face off in 2016, '17
- DE Simmons commits to Penn St. for 2016
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Gold Football Practice Legend T-Shirt