Cardinal are ranked too high
Evaluating the most overrated and underrated teams heading into bowl season
- Jason O. Watson/US PresswireAndrew Luck and Stanford are worthy of a BCS bowl but not a No. 4 ranking.
With the regular season complete and résumés submitted, we've scoured the penultimate BCS standings for teams that might be getting too much -- or not enough -- credit from the polls and computers. Here's a four-pack of each to consider as we head into the bowl season.
The numbers in parentheses are the BCS rank. Only 40 teams garnered poll votes, so below that the BCS standings are based only on the average of the six computers.
Next week we'll be back with our picks for the first wave of bowl games, and will continue by picking every one of the 35 bowl contests.
To read the full story about overrated and underrated bowl teams, sign up for ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Coaches Performance White Polo
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider