Projecting Heisman scenarios
How's how candidates other than Luck and Richardson can get back in the mix
With October now in the rearview mirror, the Heisman picture is starting to come into focus.
Luck, Richardson and a few others are clearly having seasons worthy of Heisman consideration, which means each remaining game will play a significant role in the outcome.
One of the most important factors in the Heisman voting -- whether you believe it to be fair or not -- is team success. So we've identified four plausible scenarios involving the top contenders' teams and, enlisting the help of AccuScore to determine individual statistics, projected the Heisman winner in each situation.
Scenario No. 1: Alabama and Stanford win out
If Alabama and Stanford each run the table, we could be headed toward one of the closest votes in the history of the Heisman Trophy. Based on AccuScore's projections, Luck and Richardson are on pace to finish tied atop the Heisman Predictor standings.
There are, however, a number of ways for one player to earn an edge in the final month of the season.
Sign up for ESPN Insider and read all the possible Heisman scenarios, in addition to Insider's complete college football and BCS coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lunt: Gundy lifted restrictions, but too late
- Ex-PSU players support Paternos' lawsuit
- Navy to charge football players in rape case
- Sources: Southern Miss won't renew AD's pact
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation