Teams better than their records
ASU, Stanford, Wisconsin, USC, BYU and UGA could all finish strong
There are four undefeated teams with their eyes on a potential BCS championship game berth. The BCS standings and each of the major voted polls agree that Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State and Baylor are at the top of the college football world, and the likelihood that at least two of those four will remain undefeated through the end of the regular season is pretty high.
The loss column trumps all other factors in determining the BCS championship pecking order, and teams that have already suffered a defeat have pretty much been eliminated from national championship contention this year. Several teams with two or more losses are completely off the national radar, including a few that might dominate down the stretch.
Our look at teams that are better than their records indicate begins with the Arizona State Sun Devils.
To read the full article on teams that have been better than their records so far this season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Brian Fremeau projects the top 10 college football teams for 2014, led by Alabama.