Heisman is Winston's to lose
But it's a wide-open race if the Seminoles fail to run the table
Syracuse, Idaho, Florida and the ACC Coastal winner. That's all that's standing between Jameis Winston and the Heisman Trophy.
If the Florida State Seminoles run the table, there will be no drama in this year's Heisman vote. Their redshirt freshman quarterback will run away with the award, perhaps in one of the most lopsided votes in Heisman history.
But this is a crazy time of year in college football, and upsets have been known to shake things up. In the event that the Seminoles fail to run the table, the Heisman race could be wide open, as an obvious No. 2 choice doesn't exist at the moment.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Todd McShay breaks down the top NFL prospects at the Senior Bowl. Read »
- Nike Men's Baylor Bears 'sic 'em Bears' Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic Bound Grey T-shirt