How Stanford can slow Oregon
Inside the game plan for Cardinal defensive coordinator Derek Mason
Ever wondered what it might be like to be the defensive coordinator for a team preparing to face the Oregon Ducks' offense? What do you try to stop first? How will you get your players to believe they can slow these guys down? Will you get any sleep this week?
So far, eight defensive coordinators have walked a week in these shoes. Their success rate?
Oregon has averaged 55 points and 632 yards per game.
Stanford Cardinal defensive coordinator Derek Mason is the next man up for this daunting task, so let's take a look at how he can succeed on Thursday night.
To read the rest of Griese's analysis on how Stanford can stop Oregon, sign up for Insider today.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Sharon Katz of ESPN Stats & Info projects the top 10 offenses for 2014.
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-Shirt