Best bets to go undefeated
Ranking the 10 likeliest teams to finish the 2013 regular season unbeaten
There's a lot of football left to be played this season, but one of the biggest regular-season games is already in the rearview mirror. Alabama defeated Texas A&M on Saturday in a 49-42 shootout at Kyle Field, and the Crimson Tide are expected to remain in the driver's seat in the SEC West and in the national championship race the rest of the season.
Our drive-based, opponent-adjusted FEI ratings are still somewhat influenced by preseason projected data due to the limited amount of 2013 game data that's already in the books. The early weeks of the season have had a big impact on teams' rankings (Texas fell from No. 6 to No. 56 in the last two weeks) and a few have moved up significantly -- Central Florida, Washington and Arizona all started the season outside the top 40 and have since moved into the top 20 in FEI after strong starts.
Which teams can continue their strong starts and potentially win out over the remainder of the regular season? Here is a rundown of the 10 teams most likely to remain undefeated.
No. 1 overall FEI rating
52.4 percent likelihood to win out
To read Brian Fremeau's full ranking of the 10 teams most likely to remain undefeated, sign up for Insider today.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former TCU star Fields commits to Louisville
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Todd McShay breaks down the top NFL prospects at the Senior Bowl. Read »
- Nike Youth Ohio State Buckeyes White #15 Football Game Jersey