Is Jameis Winston a future No. 1?
He's clearly an NFL prospect, and that's based on the FSU depth chart, too
Normally, these are the kinds of questions I hate to have to answer. You can see it coming. A freshman quarterback goes out on a national stage and sets the world on fire in his first start ... and the phone rings.
"Mel, in terms of his NFL prospects -- and I know it's a long way off -- what are we looking at here?"
Normally I hate it. Normally.
But is the NFL draft really so far off as it relates to Jameis Winston?
Not really. Not in this case. Winston is a legit candidate to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. That's right, the draft after this coming year.
Consider a few big factors here:
To read more about if Jameis Winston is a future No. 1 pick, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Travis Haney examines potential breakout freshmen, including LSU's Leonard Fournette.
- Nike Women's Florida State Seminoles Garnet #5 Replica Football T-Shirt