Is Jameis Winston a future No. 1?
He's clearly an NFL prospect, and that's based on the FSU depth chart, too
Normally, these are the kinds of questions I hate to have to answer. You can see it coming. A freshman quarterback goes out on a national stage and sets the world on fire in his first start ... and the phone rings.
"Mel, in terms of his NFL prospects -- and I know it's a long way off -- what are we looking at here?"
Normally I hate it. Normally.
But is the NFL draft really so far off as it relates to Jameis Winston?
Not really. Not in this case. Winston is a legit candidate to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. That's right, the draft after this coming year.
Consider a few big factors here:
To read more about if Jameis Winston is a future No. 1 pick, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Brian Fremeau of Football Outsiders examines the five teams with the harshest 2014 schedules.
- Section 101 by Majestic Men's Florida State Seminoles #5 Garnet Team Name and Graphic T-Shirt