Bold predictions for 2013
Texas is a title contender, plus nine more bold predictions for the season
- USA TODAY SportsCan Wisconsin go back to Pasadena, Texas to a BCS bowl and Florida State to the title game?
Every week on Insider last season, I gave my bold predictions heading into the weekend. I'm doing the same thing now, only taking it from a season-long view. Here are my 10 bold predictions for 2013:
1. The Texas Longhorns will win at least 11 games.
If you have been reading my columns throughout the summer, you know I'm a believer in the Longhorns. To me, they are this season's version of 2012's Florida Gators -- a team coming off a shaky campaign that will emerge as a surprise national title contender as the talent comes together.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Brian Fremeau examines the winners of the tabling of the proposed "slow play" rule.
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider