Title picks for non-power leagues
Predicting which teams will win each of the five non-power CFB conferences
- John Sommers II/Icon SMIIs Louisville, led by QB Teddy Bridgewater and coach Charlie Strong, a good pick to win the AAC?
While much of the college football preseason headlines have focused on the five "power conferences," there are several top 25-caliber teams hailing from smaller conferences.
Which programs from the non-power conferences -- including the American Athletic, Mountain West, Conference USA, Mid-American and Sun Belt -- are poised to capture league titles in 2013?
Here are my title picks for each of those conferences.
To read all of Phil Steele's non-AQ conference title picks, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Travis Haney looks at the 10 most compelling spring QB storylines.
- Nike Youth Syracuse Orange Blue #44 Football Game Jersey
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider