Sleeper picks for the ACC
Identifying under-the-radar teams, players and units for 2013 season
This is the time of year when most of the attention of the college football world is understandably centered on the top teams, best platoons and greatest players.
But what about those who are on the precipice of attaining that level of recognition? Shouldn't they get some consideration for what they have already achieved, as well as some notice for what they might be on the verge of accomplishing in the 2013 season?
Let's aim to remedy this situation for the ACC by taking a closer metric and game-tape look at four segments of the conference that deserve more attention than they are currently receiving.
Here are my sleeper picks for the ACC:
1. While Clemson and FSU are largely considered favorites to win the league, which under-the-radar team could surprise?
After a disappointing 7-5 mark last season, many elements lean toward the Miami Hurricanes having a bounce-back campaign.
To read more from KC Joyner on his ACC sleeper picks, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawyer: Video shows QB Kelly not aggressor
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code
- Sources: Stanford's Shaw plans to shun NFL
- Source: Campbell, Toledo agree to new deal