Surprise seasons put three teams back on the recruiting map
TEXAS A&M: BIRTH OF A BRAND
A year ago, Johnny Football's last name was Manziel and Texas A&M was staring down its daunting debut in the SEC. As for coach Kevin Sumlin, he'd had only a month to settle into his new gig in College Station. But then came the upset of eventual BCS champ Alabama and Manziel's history-making Heisman. Now Sumlin feels right at home, leading the hottest team in college football. He's also as comfortable as he has ever been in the homes of blue-chip recruits.
To read more about Ohio State, Notre Dame and Texas A&M, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Coaches Performance White Polo