Picking BCS bowl game winners
Picks for BCS and rest of New Year's bowl games, including several upsets
Every week during the season, Will Harris checks with the computers (using Insider's PickCenter) and the wiseguys to evaluate the upset possibilities in college football's most compelling games and give his picks for which teams will come out on top.
We've been picking every game this bowl season and have reached our final installment of selections, which includes all of the BCS games and the rest of the bowl games New Year's Day and later. We're backing several underdogs in this edition, including a few outright upsets.
If you'd like to see our picks for all games Dec. 29-31, click here.
Alabama is favored by 10 points
Double-digit spreads loom especially large when the total is 41. And despite the low figure, it's not hard to make a case for the under. The title game features a pair of run-first, down-tempo, ball-control, clock-eating offenses with good ball security ramming into defenses with dominant front sevens that excel in the red zone and don't allow explosive plays.
To find out Will Harris' pick for Alabama-Notre Dame and the rest of the bowl games New Year's Day and later, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Hurricanes TE Dye, NCAA to discuss affidavit
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Ex-Penn State QB Bench transferring to USF
- Host Finebaum joining SEC Network, ESPN
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation