Picks for bowls from Dec. 29-31
Selecting winners for LSU-Clemson, Navy-ASU and seven more
Every week during the season, Will Harris will check with the computers (using Insider's PickCenter) and wise guys to evaluate the upset possibilities in college football's most compelling games and give his picks for which teams will come out on top.
We had a successful season picking games against the spread this season (81-54 in the regular season and conference championship games) and have now set our sights on picking every bowl game.
For a look at our previous bowl picks, click here for Week 1 and here for Week 2 (which includes games up through Dec. 28). In this edition, we'll pick the winners for the nine games spanning Dec. 29-31. And keep checking back for our selections all bowl season long.
LSU Tigers versus Clemson TigersChick-fil-A Bowl (Dec. 31)
LSU is favored by 5 points
We're usually looking to back LSU in bowl games, as Les Miles is an elite preparer of teams, especially in the postseason. Miles' 2012 edition of the Tigers is by no means a dominant team, though, having won just one conference game by more than a touchdown. That makes it hard to justify laying points to a Clemson team that really wants to win this game and actually matches up pretty well.
To find out Will Harris' pick for Clemson-LSU and all of the bowl games between Dec. 29-31, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Starting QB Golson no longer at Notre Dame
- Hurricanes TE Dye, NCAA to discuss affidavit
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Ex-Penn State QB Bench transferring to USF
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation