Picks for second week of bowls
Selecting winners for ULM-Ohio, UCLA-Baylor, and six more
Every week during the season, Will Harris will check with the computers (using Insider's PickCenter) and wise guys to evaluate the upset possibilities in college football's most compelling games and give his picks for which teams will come out on top.
We had a successful season picking games against the spread this season (81-54 in the regular season and conference championship games) and have now set our sights on picking every bowl game.
For a look at our picks for the first six games, click here. In this edition, we'll pick the winners for the eight games spanning from Dec. 24 to Dec. 28. And keep checking back for our selections all bowl season long.
Louisiana-Monroe is favored by seven points.
Handicappers always want their side's offensive strength matched with the other side's defensive weakness. Conversely, we want the opposing team's offensive strength matched with our team's defensive strength. In this game, that principle points squarely to the favored Warhawks on both sides of the ball. Louisiana-Monroe began the year as a pass-first team with some balance, fueled principally by Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year Kolton Browning and a nifty group of receivers. But now that workhorse back Jyruss Edwards and a key backup have been lost to injury, this is absolutely a passing team, one that's eclipsed 300 passing yards four times in its past six games yet has failed to top 80 rushing yards in four of those games.
To read Will Harris' picks for bowl games between Dec. 24-28, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lions launching Ford Field bowl, sources say
- QB Lunt mulls Illinois after visit, sources say
- Former Arkansas QB Mitchell picks NC State
- McCartney back on WVU roster after 6 months
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation