Heisman Predictor: It's Manziel
Why the numbers say that Johnny Football will take home the Heisman
While the Heisman Predictor expects a close finish (Manziel leads by only 1.5 points), he is expected to hang on for a tight victory over Kansas State Wildcats quarterback Collin Klein to become the first freshman to hoist the trophy.
Manziel's impending victory sheds some light on what the current crop of voters truly cares about in the Heisman race. Prior to Kansas State's loss against the Baylor Bears, Klein was the runaway favorite and probably would have won this race by a significant margin had the Wildcats run the table. In fact, if we enter Klein's stats into the Predictor's formula with a perfect record, he comes out 17.5 points ahead of Manziel -- enough for a guaranteed victory, probably by one of the widest margins in the history of the award.
So what does this tell us about the Heisman voters?
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- New World Graphics Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt