Aaron Murray's Heisman case
Why Georgia's QB is the SEC's top Heisman candidate, not Johnny Manziel
In a season where there isn't one player who stands head and shoulders above the rest of the field, it is easy to see why someone like Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel (aka Johnny Football) would have a strong candidacy for the Heisman Trophy.
Manziel has posted some impressive numbers, including setting the freshman quarterback record for rushing yards and total offense on his way to becoming the first freshman to pass for at least 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a single season.
Having given Manziel his due, upon closer examination it becomes clear that he isn't even the best Heisman quarterback candidate in the SEC.
To illustrate this, let's examine some of the facts.
To read more from KC Joyner on Aaron Murray's Heisman candidacy, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- New World Graphics Men's Georgia Bulldogs Black 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt