Oregon State will upset Stanford
And in another bold prediction, Derek Dooley can save his job at UT
- George Frey/Getty ImagesQuarterback Cody Vaz has had an efficient season for Oregon State.
My bold predictions had arguably the best performance of the season last week, as LSU did indeed give Alabama all it could handle, USC-Oregon was the highest-scoring game of the weekend, and East Carolina beat Houston to move my toss-up game record to 8-2.
Here are this week's bold predictions.
1. Oregon State will upset Stanford on the road
According to Las Vegas, the Oregon State Beavers are a 4.5-point underdog at the Stanford Cardinal this week. The 7-1 Beavers have been one of the biggest surprises so far this season, as their only blemish was a road loss to Washington in which they held a 427-to-293-yard advantage but were done in by four costly interceptions. This was the same Washington team that also beat Stanford earlier this year and had a 313-to-238-yard edge over the Cardinal.
To read more from Phil Steele on Oregon State-Stanford, plus the rest of his bold predictions for Week 11, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider