Oregon State will upset Stanford
And in another bold prediction, Derek Dooley can save his job at UT
My bold predictions had arguably the best performance of the season last week, as LSU did indeed give Alabama all it could handle, USC-Oregon was the highest-scoring game of the weekend, and East Carolina beat Houston to move my toss-up game record to 8-2.
Here are this week's bold predictions.
1. Oregon State will upset Stanford on the road
According to Las Vegas, the Oregon State Beavers are a 4.5-point underdog at the Stanford Cardinal this week. The 7-1 Beavers have been one of the biggest surprises so far this season, as their only blemish was a road loss to Washington in which they held a 427-to-293-yard advantage but were done in by four costly interceptions. This was the same Washington team that also beat Stanford earlier this year and had a 313-to-238-yard edge over the Cardinal.
To read more from Phil Steele on Oregon State-Stanford, plus the rest of his bold predictions for Week 11, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Oklahoma St. limits QB Lunt's options
- For Irish, may be BCS or bust for bowl spot
- Saban: 'Devil' words 'terribly disappointing'
- Running back Richardson will leave Virginia
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
• Joyner: Prospects set for breakout seasons
• Haney: Prospects who can elevate programs
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation