OSU's place in BCS title picture
What the Buckeyes' national title chances would be if they were eligible
As the college football regular season winds down, the race for the BCS championship is heating up. Four primary contenders are in the mix -- Alabama, Kansas State, Oregon and Notre Dame -- each waiting for one or two of the others to trip up in order to solidify their path to the title game. Each fan base will be desperately making its case over the next few weeks to anyone who will listen.
One team that won't be under consideration at all is the Ohio State Buckeyes, ineligible for the postseason due to NCAA sanctions from the Jim Tressel era. In his first year on the job, head coach Urban Meyer has led the Buckeyes to a 10-0 start, the first team to record 10 wins this year, all of them against FBS competition.
What might the BCS championship race look like if Ohio State actually was eligible this year? Does the Buckeyes' statistical profile measure up to the four other main contenders? And would they be more or less likely to win out than their fellow undefeated teams?
To read the full article on how Ohio State would have fit into the BCS title picture were they postseason-eligible this season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QB Lunt mulls Illinois after visit, sources say
- Sources: C-USA to put team in Military Bowl
- For Irish, may be BCS or bust for bowl spot
- Saban: 'Devil' words 'terribly disappointing'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
• Joyner: Prospects set for breakout seasons
• Haney: Prospects who can elevate programs
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation