Texas Tech will upset K-State
How Red Raiders will take down the Wildcats, plus more bold predictions
Most of my bold predictions from last week's column did not hold up very well, but the Florida Gators continued to serve me well this year with a dominating 44-11 win over South Carolina, moving within one victory of the SEC East title.
Here are my four bold predictions for this week:
1. Texas Tech will upset Kansas State
All week long the talk across the country has been about Kansas State Wildcats quarterback Collin Klein being the new front-runner for the Heisman (and deservedly so), and comparing the 7-0 Wildcats to other national title contenders. It's easy to understand why K-State is getting this kind of attention, especially after the team's impressive 55-14 win over West Virginia on the road, but this week the Wildcats host a team that Lee Corso might say is "sneaking around the chicken coop" in the Texas Tech Red Raiders.
To read more on Texas Tech's upset chances versus Kansas State, plus get the rest of Phil Steele's bold predictions for Week 9, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- TCU's Fields surrenders to assault warrant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- New World Graphics Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt