Collin Klein has clear Heisman path
A K-State loss could open door for Miller, Barkley, others
We've passed the midway point of the college football season, so now is as good a time as any to reset the Heisman Trophy picture.
The Heisman Predictor gives us a snapshot of what the Heisman voting would look like if the season ended today, but it fails to look into the future and take other factors into account. So this week we'll use the Predictor's formula as a reference, and rank the candidates based on their performance thus far and their expected performance down the stretch.
Here are the five candidates with the best shot at taking home the Heisman.
1. Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State Wildcats
To see why Collin Klein leads the Heisman race and who else is still chasing him, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lunt: Gundy lifted restrictions, but too late
- Ex-PSU players support Paternos' lawsuit
- Navy to charge football players in rape case
- Sources: Southern Miss won't renew AD's pact
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation