Why UF will beat South Carolina
Gators will beat Gamecocks by double digits; more Week 8 bold predictions
While the Pittsburgh Panthers let me down last week by not upsetting Louisville, I was pretty satisfied with my bold predictions, including Wisconsin destroying Purdue on the road 38-14 to improve my toss-up game record to 6-1 on the year.
Here are my bold predictions for Week 8:
1. Florida will beat South Carolina by double digits
The Florida Gators have been featured in this column on almost a weekly basis, and all they have done is go a perfect 6-0, earning the No. 2 spot in the first BCS standings on the strength of their quality wins over Texas A&M, Tennessee and LSU. This week is yet another test for them, as they welcome the South Carolina Gamecocks and former coach Steve Spurrier in a game that could determine the winner of the SEC East division.
There are many reasons why I think Florida will win this easier than expected. Let's start by looking at the schedules these two have played to date.
To read the rest of Phil Steele's bold predictions for Week 8, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Hurricanes TE Dye, NCAA to discuss affidavit
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Ex-Penn State QB Bench transferring to USF
- Host Finebaum joining SEC Network, ESPN
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation