Arkansas can hang with Alabama
Why you shouldn't count out the Hogs, other bold predictions for Week 3
- Wesley Hitt/Getty ImagesJohn L. Smith's Arkansas team has a better chance to beat Alabama than you might think.
The bold predictions held up pretty well again last week, as three of my six FCS-over-FBS upset possibilities took place, while Mississippi State easily won my toss-up game of the week. In addition, Florida ended up spoiling Texas A&M's SEC debut, thanks to a dominating second half from its defense.
We'll try to keep that momentum going this week. Here are my bold predictions for Week 3:
To read more from Phil Steele on Alabama-Arkansas and get the rest of his bold predictions for Week 3 of the college football season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider