Virginia Tech's BCS chances
A potential star at QB and a solid defense have Hokies in the title mix
- Matthew Stockman/Getty ImagesThe Hokies' title potential is tied to how well Logan Thomas plays this season.
ESPN Insider's "20 teams that can win it all" series is previewing each of the top 20 teams in Brian Fremeau's five-year program metric, with the help of ESPN's Stats & Information group (for a full explanation and links to all of the previews as they are published, click here). This is the entry for Virginia Tech.
If not for Clemson, it would have been a banner season for the Virginia Tech Hokies. That's obviously not the way things work, discounting a pair of lopsided losses to a conference team -- including one in the ACC title game -- but it demonstrates that the Hokies weren't all that far from national championship contention in 2011. What would it take to get over the hump (other than beating Clemson on Oct. 20)?
Why the Hokies can win it all
To read the full article on Virginia Tech's title chances in 2012, including a projected record for the Hokies, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Rawlings Virginia Tech Hokies Full-Sized Game Time Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider