Best recruiting programs since 2007
The schools that have signed the most elite prospects, and where they got them from
As part of a joint project between ESPN The Magazine and RecruitingNation, we compiled the last five years (2007-11) of ESPNU 150 rankings, and broke down the data by position, by top out-of-state recruiters and by worst in-state recruiters.
So to wrap up our series, we're crowning college football's top 10 programs period. Our methodology was simple: We re-tallied the scores after signing day and ranked the schools based on total number of ESPNU 150 recruits (there have been 900) hauled in over the past six years.
Of course, like success on the field, recruiting is cyclical -- and fans of programs both on and off this list might look back on Feb. 1, 2012, as the day their team began its rise (or fall) on the trail.
1. Florida Gators (66 ESPNU 150 signees)Top states: Florida (42), Georgia (four)
Surprise state: Pennsylvania (three)
Over the past six years, Florida has been without question the No. 1 destination for elite prospects. The Gators have grabbed 66 ESPNU 150 recruits from 13 different states, none more surprising than Pennsylvania, where they signed the state's top recruit in 2010 (DT Sharrif Floyd of Philadelphia) and the nation's No. 2 TE in 2012 (Colin Thompson of Warminster). This year also marked a first for UF, when Will Muschamp ventured into North Carolina for the Gators' top two commits, No. 1 OT D.J. Humphries (Charlotte) and No. 4 DE Jonathan Bullard (Shelby).
To read the remainder of the list of the best recruiting programs since 2007, sign up for Insider today.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Ex-Penn State QB Bench transferring to USF
- Host Finebaum joining SEC Network, ESPN
- SEC hires Vincent as associate commissioner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation