Cardinal are ranked too high
Evaluating the most overrated and underrated teams heading into bowl season
With the regular season complete and résumés submitted, we've scoured the penultimate BCS standings for teams that might be getting too much -- or not enough -- credit from the polls and computers. Here's a four-pack of each to consider as we head into the bowl season.
The numbers in parentheses are the BCS rank. Only 40 teams garnered poll votes, so below that the BCS standings are based only on the average of the six computers.
Next week we'll be back with our picks for the first wave of bowl games, and will continue by picking every one of the 35 bowl contests.
To read the full story about overrated and underrated bowl teams, sign up for ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Starting QB Golson no longer at Notre Dame
- Hurricanes TE Dye, NCAA to discuss affidavit
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Ex-Penn State QB Bench transferring to USF
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation