Oklahoma State's BCS title shot
Addressing the biggest BCS questions before the final standings are released
The question that everybody will ask after Oklahoma State's blowout win over Oklahoma on Saturday is whether OSU could jump ahead of Alabama to earn the No. 2 spot in the BCS standings -- and a berth in the Allstate BCS National Championship Game.
Here's a look at the answer to that question as well as the other intriguing BCS scenarios heading into Sunday's release of the standings. We'll go through them team by team, starting with the two at the center of the BCS Championship Game debate.
On Sunday, OSU should be No. 2 in every BCS computer and Alabama should be No. 3 in all of them. To jump ahead of Alabama in the final BCS standings, however, the Cowboys will need to receive 25 percent of the second-place votes in the polls and be ranked No. 3 on the rest of the ballots. For every ballot on which they are ranked No. 4, they'll need to acquire an additional second-place vote.
To read Brad Edwards' full take here, sign up for ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Three Navy players charged in sexual assault
- Vehicle stolen from home of Sooners' Stoops
- Lunt: Gundy lifted restrictions, but too late
- Ex-PSU players support Paternos' lawsuit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation