Heisman moment eludes Landry Jones
Sooners QB remains outside top 5; Blackmon gets chance to move up this weekend
Week 3, however, was more about missed opportunities.
Landry Jones, the Predictor's preseason favorite, had a golden opportunity to take over the top spot and solidify his place as the Heisman front-runner Saturday night against the Florida State Seminoles.
The Predictor recognizes that Heisman voters place an emphasis on big games and accounts for this by awarding bonus points for good performances against top-10 opponents.
Had Jones, who entered the game with five consecutive 300-yard efforts, thrown for 300 and three touchdowns against the Seminoles, he would have finished the week with 105 predictor points. Instead, Jones remains in sixth place with just 94.5.
To read more about the Week 3 Heisman Predictor and see who has a chance to make a statement this week, sign up for ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lunt: Gundy lifted restrictions, but too late
- Three Navy players charged in sexual assault
- Ex-PSU players support Paternos' lawsuit
- Sources: Southern Miss won't renew AD's pact
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation