Heisman moment eludes Landry Jones
Sooners QB remains outside top 5; Blackmon gets chance to move up this weekend
Week 3, however, was more about missed opportunities.
Landry Jones, the Predictor's preseason favorite, had a golden opportunity to take over the top spot and solidify his place as the Heisman front-runner Saturday night against the Florida State Seminoles.
The Predictor recognizes that Heisman voters place an emphasis on big games and accounts for this by awarding bonus points for good performances against top-10 opponents.
Had Jones, who entered the game with five consecutive 300-yard efforts, thrown for 300 and three touchdowns against the Seminoles, he would have finished the week with 105 predictor points. Instead, Jones remains in sixth place with just 94.5.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- adidas Youth Michigan Wolverines #12 Blue Replica Football Jersey