Melvin Ingram does it all for Gamecocks
South Carolina DE scores touchdowns on fake punt, fumble recovery Saturday
- Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesMelvin Ingram (third from left) celebrates his fumble recovery against the Georgia Bulldogs.The stock report after Week 2 of the college football season.
Ingram was everywhere in the Gamecocks' thrilling 45-42 win on the road against the Georgia Bulldogs. The 6-foot-2, 276-pounder took a short snap on a fake punt in the first half and barreled down the sideline for a 68-yard touchdown. Then in the fourth quarter, the former running back picked up a fumble and carried it 5 yards for the touchdown that provided the winning margin.
Oh, and he was also on the hands team and recovered the Bulldogs' onside kick after they cut the lead to three with a little more than two minutes to go. Ingram is the third player since 2006 to score a touchdown on both offense and defense in the same game.
To read the full Week 2 stock report, including notes about players from Alabama, Ohio State, Texas and Penn State, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider